Join Malashock Dance and bring the joy of dance and arts integration to schools throughout San Diego!
MALASHOCK DANCE, OUTREACH TEACHING ARTIST
JOB TYPE Part-Time
LOCATION San Diego Schools
PAY $50 hour
- Strong understanding of dance vocabulary and curriculum integration
- Knowledge of California Arts Standards in Dance
- Min. of 2 years of experience working in schools or similar educational settings.
- Min. of 2 years of teaching experience in dance.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for arts education and inspiring the next generation.
- Teacher cert. not required.
- Teach art-integrated curriculum in San Diego schools, spanning grades K-12.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to design arts-integrated lesson plans that align with students’ current subjects and topics.
- Utilize your expertise in dance, including styles such as creative movement, hip-hop, and modern, to engage and inspire students.
- Foster creativity, self-expression, and a love for the arts in students.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages student participation and growth.
- Assess and adapt teaching methods to meet the diverse needs of students.
Check out a schedule of our upcoming performances and events.