Work at Malashock
Job Openings at Malashock Dance
Outreach Teaching Opportunities
$50/hour, 3 hours of planning at admin rate of $15/hour per 10 week program
– In-School programs include arts integration, arts enhancement, residencies, and after school programs throughout the school year.
The Malashock Dance School creates partnerships and programs that enhance the emotional, physical, and artistic development of thousands of children in our community each year. These teaching positions are based on the needs of each school. The days and times of the program are determined by the availability of the teaching artist as well as the school.
Nicole Diaz-Pellot, Outreach Coordinator
619-260-1622 ext. 1
Technique Teaching Opportunities
– Classes offered in jazz, ballet, modern, and contemporary. Classes serve students ages 2 1/2 – adult. Levels are beginner – advanced/professional.
Teachers are hired as part-time or Seasonal Employees
– Teachers receive free access to the studio for planning
– Discounted rate on studio rental
– Free access to all classes, performances, and workshops
– Access to Malashock Dance vision, dental, and health care plans (not employer-sponsored for seasonal or part-time employees)
– Free professional development
Contact Kaely Garred, School Operations Manager
619-260-1622 ext 1
Company Dancer Positions For Future Projects
To be considered for future projects, please submit your letter of interest and qualifications through the link below, and our artistic staff will review your materials. The Artistic Director seeks highly-trained dancers with substantial performance experience, and the willingness to grow as an artist.
In 1988, building on his extensive career in dance and theater, John Malashock founded Malashock Dance. Now based at Dorothea Laub Dance Place San Diego in ARTS DISTRICT: Liberty Station, Malashock Dance provides access to quality dance performance and training opportunities for professional dancers. Seen on regional, national, and international stages, Malashock Dance’s impressive accomplishments include the creation of over 100 original dance works, six Emmy-award winning dance films, annual performances & workshops, participation in arts festivals, and numerous collaborative projects.
Pay Rates: $22/hour for rehearsals, $37/hour for performance calls/$15/hour for meetings
Dancers are hired as part-time or seasonal employees.
Malashock Dance Company Dancers are covered under workers-compensation insurance.
Malashock Dance Company Dancers have access to it’s employee health, dental, and vision plans. (Plans are not employer-sponsored for part-time or seasonal employees.)
Malashock Dance Company Dancers are able to take any Malashock Dance Class or Workshop for free.
Malashock Dance Company Dancers have limited but generous access to chiropractic care free of charge.
Malashock Dance teachers are able to use the studio at a 50% discounted rate.
- Malashock Dance Company Dancers report to and work closely with the Artistic Director.
- Financial, HR, and employment questions can be directed to the Executive Director.
Company Guest Choreographer Positions Available
Malashock Dance is offering opportunities for guest choreographers to set work on our company.
John Malashock, Artistic Director
Molly Puryear, Executive Director
Check out a schedule of our upcoming performances and events.